Tara Martens Miller is a native of Idaho and graduated magna cum laude from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration - Economics in 1994. She received her Juris Doctorate degree and Maritime Certificate from Tulane University School of Law in 1997.
Prior to joining Powers Tolman, Tara was a partner with Taylor & Martens and Tolman, Brizee & Martens through 2007, and during the period of 2007 through 2010 she was a shareholder at Moffatt Thomas Barrett Rock & Fields.
Ms. Martens Miller's practice focuses on litigation with emphasis on professional malpractice defense, insurance defense, and commercial matters. She also practices in the areas of health care, business and real estate transactions.
Ms. Martens Miller is an Adjunct Professor at Boise State University where she teaches business law courses, including Commercial Law and Law for Accountants I and II, to students seeking a Bachelor in Business Administration in Management and/or Accounting. She is also a member of the Advisory Council for the Concordia University School of Law.
- Admitted, All Idaho state courts
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Idaho State Bar
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Concordia University School of Law Advisory Council
- Adjunct Faculty - Boise State University